Monday, April 23, 2012

Homemade Citrus Cleaner

Just what the title says; today we're making citrus cleaner at home. Sometimes I really enjoy the smell of citrus cleaners and the reality is that the oils in citrus fruits do have good cleaning abilities, but the price tag on many available cleaners can be high and there are often added chemicals.

First collect your orange peels. I often throw mine in my sink disposal and let them sit for clean and freshen the stink hole. So resist the urge and throw them in a jar. Depending on how big a batch I want to make it can take me a couple days to fill my jar.

Once full of peels you fill the jar with vinegar and let it sit for about a week and a half. By the end of the first day you can see the vinegar taking on an orange tint as it pulls out the oils. I pour the solution into a spray bottle or use it to refill your Swiffer and then you can throw the peels down your disposal or to the compost heap or whatever it is that you do with your organic "garbage".

So easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment