Thursday, July 12, 2012

Tricky Tip Thursday - Quick Clean Your Microwave

I know I've mentioned before that I'm lazy. It's just hard to want to exert a great deal of effort on things that aren't fun, especially when there are so many enjoyable things in this world. This laziness makes it hard to follow the "She sets about her work vigorously" part of being a Proverbs 31 woman. The only way to accomplish that is to find short cuts and ways to make it easy.
See Ick!!

In a perfect world one would immediately wipe out the microwave after each use. Given that I have children this great idea is shot! Furthermore, even fresh explosions of a tomato based nature result in cooked on yuck. One of these days a smart person will find a way to combine the quick cooking convenience of the micro wave with the easy clean properties of Teflon®. Neither of which is very good for us, but that's a post for another day. Until my microwave becomes self cleaning I'll keep using today's trick and it's a keeper.

Doncha like my purple Pyrex®?

Take a glass bowl and add water (2 cups or so if you need specifics) and a glug of vinegar or lemon juice. Place your bowl in the microwave and nuke for a couple minutes 2-3 minutes works fine for me, but I can see letting it go up to 5 or so if it's really icky inside. Then you can easily wipe it out with a dry rag. Your microwave is now happy for it's new steam bath and the vinegar/lemon juice has absorbed the odors.

                            
*Be careful when removing the hot bowl.

* Don't forget about it like I do my tea and have to warm it up 15 times a day before getting to enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment